American Construction Company is a General Marine Contractor that has been in business since 1903. Our longevity and stability as a company is demonstrated by its loyal and experienced work force. Having been in business over the last hundred years, American has the breadth and depth of experience to handle any marine project. Due to our extensive experience and specialized equipment we will remain to be on the cutting edge of the Marine Construction environment for many years to come.
American is located on the Hylebos Waterway with a 7 acre site in Tacoma, Washington. This location gives us prime opportunity to:
- Access projects with efficiency
- Store, maintain, and develop our equipment
- Load and off-load equipment, materials, and disposals
- Heavy lift services for clientele or subcontractors
When it comes to Marine Construction we specialize in projects that rely heavily on pile driving and heavy lifting. We have an outstanding management team and crew to perform our projects efficiently and cost effectively. There are many different types of projects that involve these special characteristics. A few types of projects are listed below.
- Wharfs and Piers
- Ferry System Terminals
- Mooring Dolphins, Breakwaters, Bridges, Sewer Outfalls
- Navigation Dredging – Most of our dredging projects consist of this type of work. These contracts usually involve dredging suitable material for open-water disposal. Technologically advanced equipment and experienced operators provide American Construction with the means to dredge efficiently and accurately. This is a 24/7 operation that requires skilled craftsmen to execute at a high level of proficiency.
- Environmental Dredging - American Construction has extensive experience performing complex sediment remediation dredging and disposal of sediments unsuitable for open water disposal. During operation, performances may include Water Quality Monitoring, Debris Boom, use of Environmental Dredging Bucket, containment of contaminants, and re-handle of contaminants to be disposed of at designated disposal sites.
We have a great location on the Hylebos Waterway in Tacoma to aid clients and subcontractors with heavy lifting services over the waterway. Our equipment also offers a wide range of heavy lifting capabilities in our large loading / off-loading area for trucks, trailers, and containers. The loading / off-loading area can be used for work space, staging, and or temporary storage.
- Two 85 ton Whirley Cranes
- Floating Crane Fleet